Port Clinton, OH
<< Back to Project List
This project was the restoration of the murals on the rotunda ceiling beneath the clock tower in the historic Ottawa County Courthouse in Port Clinton, Ohio. This Romanesque structure was built in 1901 and placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1974. Rogers Krajnak Architects, Inc. completed an analysis of the rotunda ceiling conditions, assisted the county commissioners in hiring mural conservator Conrad Schmitt Studios, and coordinated the scaffolding for the project. Layers of discolored varnish and coal dust have been removed during restoration of the original murals which illustrate four historically important industries in Port Clinton including Fishing, Farming, Quarrying and Fruit Growing.